Tuesday 25 August 2015

Things to Do: Get in Touch With Nature

Miramichi has an abundance of nature in the surrounding areas and sometimes it's nice to take a break from life in the city to get in touch with nature. My father's friend, David, is an avid fisherman here and took me around to see some of his favourite places to immerse himself in the natural beauty of this province.

The first place he took me to, was the Dungarvon. We had to park the truck near the main road and take the ATV in the rest of the way to the water. We started out near the top of a cliff, which is closer to the main road, before going down the ATV trails.


View of the Dungarvon from high ground.


View of the Dungarvon from high ground.



ATV trail.

This was a gorgeous spot for photos and David was lucky to catch a salmon early on in the day as it got really hot later on (39 degrees with the humidity).


Salmon jumping out of the water while on the line.


David with his salmon.

After releasing the fish, we walked further down the Dungarvon to fish some more and to get more photos.


Walking down the Dungarvon.


Walk along the water.


David casting.

The next spot we went to was Squirrel River. Here we walked the trail to a spot you can sit and look out over the water. It was a nice spot to sit and relax.


Trail.


Looking out onto the water.


The greenery was so peaceful.


Such a beautiful day to appreciate nature.


Trees framing the water below.

From there we went to the Lower Sevogle. This is one of the places David enjoys fishing the most. The water was gorgeous and I took advantage of that to sling my camera over my shoulder and wade out into the river for some interesting shots.


Photo up the river.


Gorgeous rocky beach.


David casting.


Looking out to the water from the walking trail.


Looking up the river.


View down the river.

After spending some time at the Lower Sevogle, we went to Little Sheephouse Falls, which you can see here www.exploremiramichi.blogspot.ca/2015/08/things-to-do-little-sheephouse-falls.html.

From there we went to our final location of the day, the Upper Sevogle and one of the crown reserve camps, which are only available to New Brunswickers who buy the special fishing license.


The camp.


Upper Sevogle.


Stairs down to the water from the camp.


Upper Sevogle.

We spent most of the day out in the trees and the rivers surrounding Miramichi and it was an amazing experience. It was a day full of firsts for me, my first ATV ride, my first time wearing waders, my first time to all of these places. It was an enlightening experience and so relaxing. It was definitely one of my better days this summer. 

Sometimes I forget how wonderful and beautiful nature can be and then I have a day like this, which makes me appreciate the beauty that surrounds me and is so close to me. It's days like these that make me thankful for everything I have and to be able to be a part of Earth. 

For anyone who loves nature, fishing, or just spending some alone time in a peaceful place, all of the places we went to that day are great for that. It's definitely worth getting in touch with nature and yourself in the process. You will feel relaxed and rejuvenated after a day in the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment